Mid-Century Design Black Leather Three-Seat Tandem Sling Airport Bench by Charles Eames for Herman Miller, 1960s, USA
Iconic black leather and solid aluminium tandem sling airport bench designed by Ray & Charles Eames for Herman Miller. The Eames were commissioned to design the perfect utilitarian seating for the first international airports in 1962. Created for comfort and convenience, this bench features a solid aluminum frame with black Edelman leather seats and backrests.
- Designer: Charles and Ray Eames
- Type: Tandem Sling Three Seat Airport Bench
- Manufacturer: Herman Miller
- Year: 1962
- Country: USA
- Materials: Leather, Aluminium
- Condition: Very good, wear consistent with age and use
- Height: 87 cm / 34,3''
- Width: 182 cm / 71,7''
- Depth: 70 cm / 27,6''
- Seating Height: 43 cm / 16,9''
- Quantity: 1
- Ref.: S038